Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Ohh deer competition

For the Ohh Deer competition I had decided to create a card based on Fleetwood Mac with the lyrics 'You make loving fun' on the card. My initial idea was too have the whole band on the front of the card but instead I decided to go with in my opinion the two most iconic couple in the band, which is Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham.


I tried to find the most iconic picture of both Stevie and Lindsey, that most people would recognise, although this picture was before they joined Fleetwood Mac, I still thought that I would be effective to use for this card design. 



I had used the image as a template for my illustration for the card, I personally thought that it also looked better if I didn't include the eyes, but still had the main facial features to were you are still able to know who they both are 




After finishing the illustration, I then started to layout the card design, and I had found a font similar to the same font on the Rumours album, because that was one of their most famous albums. I also choose to have the background the peach colour because the card was suppose to be for a valentines day card, so having quite pink colours would suit the card the best.   






Once I had finished my card design and I was happy with it, I had then submitted it to the Ohh Deer website. I then checked my Ohh deer profile where it tells me that my submission is live. and the last image is just a screenshot of my emails off Ohh Deer, telling me that my card design had been approved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment