Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Week 13- Animated Documentary



These are some more line tests that Dan and guy had both done, I had also helped with both of these scenes too with cleaning up the frames. 

This week my main focus was on creating the DVD cover for our animation. 


I wanted to have the DVD cover quite dramatic looking to grab the viewers attention, so I had taken the background of our second scene and used that as the main image for the front cover. Guy had then told me what font I should include as this is the font that will be used with in the animation. I had researched what typical DVD covers looked like as this would help me with the layout of our DVD cover. 


I had then printed out the DVD to test what it looks like in the case and the image was too dark and the font was too dark also. The image above is of the final DVD cover, I had edited the levels and the colours to ensure that everything is visible and easy to read. I had asked Dan to write the synopsis as I thought that he was probably the better writer out of the three of us in the group. I had also included an image of the first scene with all three characters, I had them made it look as if it was a worn picture from a photo album as I thought that this would fit the aesthetic of our animation as Photos are kept for memories and memories are lost with Alzheimer's, which I had thought would be really effective. I wanted to keep the DVD cover really simple as our animation is quite minimalist.  



These are the finished DVD covers in the case 


Below is our press kit that me and Guy had worked on. Guy was the one who mainly worked on this press kit and I helped with layout. 




No comments:

Post a Comment