Friday, March 24, 2017

Week 6- Animated Documentary

This week I decided to get a start on designing what the room would look like, in which our animation is taking place. I tried designing and planning the room layouts based on what I had read from the script that Dan had made for us to use.




These were just some really simple room layouts that I had come up with for our animation, at first I was thinking that the room would have a lot of stuff in it as elderly peoples houses are usually cluttered and have a lot of stuff, but then the feedback from Dan and Guy was that they think that the room should be really simple as we don't want to take any attention off the characters. I was happy with that feedback as it made me think that it was right and we should keep it really simple because our main focus is the characters and we don't want to create something that will distract the viewers from them. We had also agreed on having a bay window instead of a normal window, as that is also a main thing in our animation as the grandmother will be sat next to the window looking out of it. 


I had then started looking in to the chairs that elderly people have and trying to figure out which one would be best suited for the grandmother, so I then started sketching up some of the chairs that I had looked in to. Guy and Dan had then both agreed that the chair on the bottom left was the best for out animation. my next step was to look up winged back chairs with queen Anne legs. 


I had created a moodboard of Wingback chairs with queen Anne legs, as this would help me with different perspectives of the chair and also different designs. I really liked the top left chair, and decided that it would look quite good if the chair in our animation was slightly pink but looked more worn, this is because when I asked for feed back off Dan and Guy they had both said that the chair needs to look more worn than it actually does, but personally I think that the chair should look worn but not too much it that it looks dirty and I also think that if we have this really worn down chair in the scene it wouldn't look right and fit in with everything else. 




No comments:

Post a Comment