Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Evaluation

For the brief Applied, the thing I struggled most with would have to be animating in Maya, as I would forget the short cut keys and would find it difficult how to move some objects around, like when creating the truck. In the future I do plan on carrying on using Maya as I did like using it once I started to understand how Maya works, I personally just think I need to keep practicing and then the software wont seem so daunting to me.

If I was to go back and change anything over this brief it would be, small things in both my animations for the Tv idents, as I didn’t realize till last minute that on the hallmark channel, the girl in the birthday panel her hair doesn’t completely cover her head and when creating her mouth I made it a light pink colour but when creating the bride I created her mouth to be white and then realised that the white mouth looks better, so if I was to go back and redo this motion graphic these would be the things I wouldn’t change.

I would also change how the logo is presented on the Hallmark channel ident as I feel as if it is too long being shown for 3 seconds right at the start with nothing else happening, I did try and fix this by having the logo shown for a second and half each at both the start and end of the animation

The things I would change on the E4 TV ident would be to completely recreate the scene where the person is tattooing the woman as the arm movements look so wrong and move too much, I also noticed there was a gap which I didn’t see in the scene where the person wipes away the ink and by the other arm its white where I had missed.


Over all I am proud of my animations and my work that I have done on Maya, as I really like creating motion graphics and feel comfortable creating them, and I think the sounds that I have chosen for my E4 ident really fit well with my animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment